Sunday, January 16, 2011

Fashion Recession.

Did you notice how Opportunity Shops a.k.a. "Op-Shops" have become suddenly cool to the mainstream shoppers after the recession hit the world?

Well yes, recession has greatly affected today's fashion and how people spend their money.. fashion-wise.  Before the recession, I, myself, did not even think about shopping in an Op-Shop. The only time I ever went there was when I was with my grandma (mind you, Op-Shops used to be like truck stops, only there weren't any trucks, but grandmas and old people who don't have grandchildren). But now, in the present time, I have no choice but to give in and actually go in the shop by myself (without my grandma to hold my hand) hoping to find something affordable and decent that I can wear without having that "blast from the past" effect.




Vintage shoes, tops, dresses, skirts, leather satchel bags and layers upon layers of vintage-inspired accessories are the common sight you'll see "fashionistas" wear as they roam downtown with their equally "fashion recession" styled friends. Oh and don't forget the black wayfarers to complete the look!



My point is: Recession has made fashion affordable for everyone and it makes Op-Shops (and grandmas) look cool.


No comments: