Friday, August 26, 2011

Schwarzkopf OSiS+ Dust It Mattifying Powder

So I heard about this product that can make your hair all "boofed-up" without the use of the ol' hairspray and teasing comb. This intrigued me and I definitely wanted to try it.



My first impression of this product was that the packaging was a little smaller than I expected. Haha.. the hairdresser showed it to me and I was like, "That's it?" Osis Dust It costs about  $36 NZD at your local hairdressing salon.

How to apply it:

Make sure your hair is DRY.

  1. Put a little bit of the powder on the palm of your hand.
  2. Sprinkle some of it using your fingers on the roots of your hair (where you want it to be lifted).
  3. After, sprinkling it, rub it several times until the powder is not visible.
  4. Scrunch the roots of your hair where you've applied it to get that messy texturized look.
PROs
  • the packaging is very stylish and it is small enough to fit in your handbag whenever you need to touch-up
  • the powder is very fine and it doesn't leave visible residue when you put it on the roots of your hair
  • it lasts for a long time as you don't need a lot of it when you use it
  • it doesn't have a funny smell
CONs
  • the product stays in your hair even after several washes
  • you have to keep on "scrunching" the roots of your hair a couple of times a day to re-activate the effect
  • it doesn't work well on people with long thick hair (mid-past shoulder like mine), as I think this is especially created for people with short layered hair
  • I hardly use it as it doesn't really give me the volume I want but it is great if you want that extra oomph after styling
Product Tip:

When I am styling my hair for the "messy up-do" I sprinkle a bit Dust It on the top of my hair to give it a texturized finish. Also, I sprinkle the powder on random parts of my hair to add extra volume that screams "I just woke up from bed and my hair already looks fantastic" haha..

Rating: 3.5 out of 5


No comments: