Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The many uses of Vaseline Petroleum Jelly

I started using Vaseline petroleum jelly after having my eyelash extensions removed as it really damaged my eyelashes due to the fact that they were there for six months and they were weighing my natural lashes down therefore stopping their growth. So I researched yet again and found a solution! Vaseline petroleum jelly :) It is so helpful that after 2weeks of applying it to my eyelashes every night, my lashes grew longer than ever and they were stronger and shinier too! I looooooved it :D 



Vaseline does not make eyelashes grow thicker or longer, but it helps strengthen and condition it making the lashes last longer and live their maximum "life span" instead of falling out prematurely. There you go boys and girls, the secret to healthy eyelashes. 

These are the steps I experimented with when I was still using Vaseline on my eyelashes:
  1. Dip your finger into the jar and get a little bit of the jelly
  2. Close your eye and then apply it using your finger on your eyelashes while your eye is closed. This technique will make sure that all the lashes are coated including the bottom lashes too.
  3. Done.
Easy right? It's no rocket science and it does work.

Other uses of Vaseline Jelly:
  • Makeup remover (eye makeup)
  • Moisturizer (although I don't recommend you use it on your face)
  • Perfect for chapped lips
  • Use it on unruly eyebrows to tame and shape it
  • Combine it with melted chocolate and use it as a flavored lip balm
  • Put a coat of vaseline on cracked heels every night and then wear socks - this will help soften and moisturize the skin and help it heal
  • Applying vaseline to your teeth prevents lipstick from sticking to them
  • Use with lipstick to create cream blusher for your cheeks
  • Removes makeup stains from clothing
  • Put vaseline on your lips and leave on for a few minutes then use a toothbrush to exfoliate leaving your lips nice and smooth
  • Mix with sea salt to make a body/face scrub
..and so much more!



No comments: